MeriTec continuously seeks talented and qualified individuals to support our growing staffing needs. To help meet these needs and place your name and resume in our database for future consideration, we encourage you to submit your resume to email@example.com.
Note: Some positions may require an existing government security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Personnel Security Officer III
Clearance: Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility, willingness to submit to Counterintelligence polygraph, and eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years) and 5 - 7 years related experience
Certification Required: N/A
About this Job
Position primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide "day-to-day" support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
(may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
- Review, track, and monitor security clearance processing activities with appropriate government personnel to achieve appropriate clearance actions
- Advise senior officials on personnel issues affecting the Center
- Assist in defining, interpreting, and implementing program security policy within the Center. Provides security policy interpretation concerning the Special Access Program Nomination Process (SAPNP).
- Reviews and comments on security operating instructions, security plans, guides, and various security related correspondences.
- Reviews and comments on security support, operating instructions and security adequacy in plans, guides, and various correspondence.
- Manages and administers security awareness and education programs.
- Directly supports government program offices and Program Security Officers in the development, execution and implementation of personnel security issues.
- Participates in Air Force SAP security compliance inspections of government organizations and industry.
- Assist with researching, processing and completing visit notices and certifications; filing and maintaining visitor control files; escorting facility visitors.
- Reviews incoming Program Access Request (PARs) for accuracy and access eligibility and processes them to the next level of approval.
- Conducts Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII) reviews and Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS) reviews
- Executes the SAPNP Questionnaire
- Provides access recommendation to the Access Approval Authority.
- Performs data entry and record checks in the Air Force Access Data System (AFADS) and maintains all customer sponsored personnel access information current.
- Perform indoctrination
- Generates reports
- Generate/execute/oversee corrective action plans
- Provide document control support
- Provide Top Secret Control Officer support
- Must be a US Citizen
- 5+ years' experience providing security support in SCI & SAP environments; to include recent experience within last 3 years
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP
- Must complete the DoD SAPCO approved SAPNP training.
- Detailed knowledge of the Defense Security Service (DSS) clearance process and a keen understanding of the intelligence community and SAP processes
- Working-level knowledge of applicable security policy manuals, IC, DoD, SAP, AF, and other policy documents
- Working-level knowledge of the Electronic Personnel Security Questionnaire (EPSQ) software
- Basic understanding of DoD Contract Security Classification Specification (DD- 254)
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Everyone has unique requirements during their employment. MeriTec provides a wide array of choices that will fit each and every individuals needs as they occur. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Cafeteria Section 125 Plan - Pre-tax spending plan
- Life Insurance
- Personal Time-Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability (up to 13 weeks)
- Long Term Disability
- Worker's Compensation
- Employer Social Security Contribution
- Employer Medicare Contribution
- State & Federal Unemployment Insurance
MeriTec Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that all applicants be considered solely on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.